Friday, October 6, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Less Than Jake, "Weekends All Year Long" from See the Light (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: This weekend is going to be even more punishingly hectic than my usual weekends. If all goes to plan, which is not to say I'm particularly fond of the plan or particularly confident in the quality of the plan, I'll be in the adoration chapel from 3:00-4:30 A.M., then home for a quick nap, then be back up & on the go from 8:00 A.M. Saturday through 2:00 A.M. Sunday, then be back at church for a meeting at 9:00 A.M. Sunday.
"Saturday's been a train wreck state of mind,
Like every night,
It kinda feels like a weekend all year long,
But in disguise,
Lock us up and I'm counting on the haze
To get me through,
The party never ends when you've been up for days,
And stay confused.

"I've spent a year stuck in this groove,
Another year of standing in these shoes,
Living like time's all that's left to lose…

"And I never seem to know myself
Or how to keep control…"

No comments: