Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Lord's Day

For King & Country, "The Proof of Your Love" via iTunes (from Crave) (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Commentary: An excerpt from this week's Gospel reading, from John, 14:
15 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.… 21 Whoever has My commandments & observes them is the one who loves Me. And whoever loves Me will be loved by My Father, & I will love him & reveal Myself to him."
"The Proof of Your Love" is most directly a reflection on St. Paul's famous discourse on what love is & isn't in 1 Corinthians, 13, but even there St. Paul is teaching us how to love as the Triune God loves, how to obey the commandments given us by Jesus, to love God & to love neighbor, because we cannot love God if we do not love our neighbor.
"So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love,
Let my love look like You
And what You're made of,
How You lived, how You died,
Love is sacrifice,
Let my love be the proof,
The proof of Your love…"

No comments: