Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKAfter Party


The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Favorite Records" from Medium Rare (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: I cannot say if the Bosstones had any particular musician or band in mind when they wrote "Favorite Records," but to my ears it could very well have been written as an ode to The Mighty Mighty Bosstones themselves.
"You made some of my favorite records,
The sweet, sweet sounds that you cut will last,
Reflect back, I drop a needle on a track,
And I was able to tough it through a very checkered past,
Thank you for the records.

"I love the way you make your music,
You've got a lovely way with words,
The music plays, in turn you turn your phrase,
Turn up the volume on the sweetest sounds I've ever heard,
Thank you for the records,

"Thank you for the records.
Put them on, they go round and round and round again,
Put them on, I just love the sound, the sound, the sound of them,
It's a sin what was written in
Spin,
You're you, they're gone; so, you win.

"Don't pay attention to the slander,
The harsh, harsh words, someone's two cents,
As I recall the sound was a beautiful wall,
The magnitude of it was immense,
Thank you for the records…"

No comments: