Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKAfter Party


The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "The Route That I Took" from Pin Points and Gin Joints (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary:
"Without really knowing, I took all the wrong routes,
A misguided monster in the Doc Martens boots,
In the wrong directions, against all of the grains,
Got off at all the wrong stops, back onto all the wrong trains…

"Without a drop of the sense that God had gave to a stone,
But in my own self-defense, well, I was not all alone,
I had the partners and the colleagues and the cohorts in crime,
Heaven sent to me, hellbent to be one hell of a time…

"Without suggesting to you the routes I took were never wrong,
I took a look and still I took and somehow I stayed strong,
And I just stayed on the course with very few deviations,
One or two situations, some other odd altercations…

"Glad I took a good look at the route that I took."

No comments: