Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKAfter Party


Nothing for Something, "Ska Kids" courtesy Sergeant Ska (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: I gave consideration to making this SKAfter Party an all-Mighty Mighty Bosstones affair, & they've got the tunes to sustain it, but that seemed entirely too calculating & regimented, quite contrary to the freewheeling spirit of the SKAfter Party. SKApril is serious business, with goals & objectives & such (which is not to say that it isn't also absurdly fun); but the SKAfter Party is just a party. The fewer rules a party has, the better.

"Ska Kids" was part of the second annual SKApril, being the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. on 2 April 2012.
"Well, I see you at a show and I think that you see me,
I get all my hopes up oh so desperately,
But after we play and I look for you some more,
You are now gone and I want to scream, 'Whore!'

"But when I think about it, well, I think I understand,
Who'd want to kiss a guy like me?
Who'd want to hold my hand?

"Well, many guys will leave the show tonight
With a little girl in tow, (Alright!)
For us it's always just dance, dance, dance,
And we never will get a chance.

"'Cause ska kids (Hey!) we never get laid!
And ska bands (Hey!) we never get paid!
Oh no, oh no, oh no.

"Well, the emo kids, I don't know why they whine and pout,
They're always with some different girl, just laying about,
And the punk rock kids will punch you in your face,
If you step into the pit then you'll get a nice brace!

"Well, these guys all have their girly fans,
And surely they will get with them,
But I guess that that's O.K.

"Well, many guys will leave the show tonight,
With a little girl in tow, (Alright!), etc."
Code Name: CHAOS
Sergeant Ska (initials: Alpha Bravo) was originally code named Ska Army, because he is a devoted ska kid (a member of The Loose Ties!) & serves in the United States Army, but his code name was changed to Sergeant Ska upon his promotion to, you guessed it, the rank of sergeant in that same U.S. Army.

No comments: